From:
Miles and Telaraj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:45:40 -0500
As I type this, our beloved DEW ferret Hannah, aka HannahBananaBear, is near
death in a kennel at our vet's.  It seems she has some sort of gastroenteric
infection of some sort, and has developed complications in which her blood
is refusing to clot; she is bleeding everywhere.  I checked her meds out,
I'm pretty sure it isn't whatever they're giving her.(steroids, vitamin K ,
and subQ fluids, antibiotics) I've been conversing with Troy Lynn about
Hannah; as soon as I can get ahold of her to tell me how to get to
Manhattan, we are on our way.  They can do nothing for her here.  They say
they don't think they can get enough blood from her to even test.

She came down with whatever this is so suddenly; she was just fine the night
before I took her to the vet.

Then I walked in and she was lying there, stiff as death, with a glaze over
her eyes and very hard, labored breathing.  I rushed her to the vet, and
they started the treatments.  Yesterday she seemed better, bright eyes and
able to hold her head up a little; but then developed this bleeding problem.
She's weak now, but holds her head up a little, and her eyes are only a
little less bright than before.

I fed her about 6 cc's today of a recipe that Troy Lynn gave me.  She
swallows well.  But she has this big bloody wound on her side near her neck
where they give the injections; they just don't stop bleeding.  Her little
nose is so white.  I don't know what to do...

Except call Troy Lynn and try to get Hannah to the University of Manhattan
to see if they can help her.  I have to go now- please pray for my little
princess; I love her so!  I will write back later with more.  Thank you.

~ Telaraj, Miles, and the five ferts at home who are praying for their sick
sister, Hannah~