From:
JL Lujan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:45:54 -0500
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the info and good wishes you sent us regarding my sick
Ferry.

I just wanted to let you know that the vet did 2 blood tests on Ferry (one
himself and sent another to another lab) and they came back with low BG
(around 55).  So we started him on Pred and a high protein/fat, no carbos
diet.  He is doing much better now.  He regained his strength and stamina.
We want to do surgery, but we wanted to wait and see how he responded to
the meds first for a week, and try to find a place where we can get an
ultrasound or MRI before opening him up.  BTW, our vet is an excellent
ferret surgeon, we've successfully gone through 2 ferret surgeries with
him and we know of many others he has performed on other ferrets.  We
live in the Cleveland, OH.  area, and we haven't been able to find a vet
with an US/MRI scanner who is ferret savvy.  My vet does not have his
own US machine (although he is getting one in a couple of months).  Any
suggestions?  I checked for vets in the area on several lists that you
guys sent us, but wasn't able to find one in the area.  We're waiting
on the proglycem to find the cheapest possible.  How do you guys give
proglycem to a ferret (I've heard of injections and pills)?

Thank you all for everything.

Joe and Wendy,
and Ferry, Minnie, Amber, and P.J.Get more from the Web.