From:
"Sena, Anthony" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 10:35:00 PDT
Hello everyone!

First, I would like to thank Pamela Greene, Julie, and doctor Williams for
their input concerning Binky's Cushings disease.  I had him sonogramed, and
there were no growths on the adrenal glands.  Also, recently Binky's hair
has began to grow back (a lot).  Here is what I think happened.  Binky had
been diagnosed with insulinoma.  One of the drugs he was put on was
Prednisone.  He was on it for quite some time (many months).  Shortly after
I took him off of it the hair loss began.  I feel the long term use of
Prednisone caused the glands that produce Testosterone to atrophy.  When the
Prednisone stopped, his own body could no longer produce Testosterone and he
became hyperestrogenated.  He not only lost hair, but he grew six nipples!
Also, he has recently been plagued by urinary infections.  One of the two
vets that I use feels that Binky is having prostate problems.  He felt
Binky's abdomen and thinks that the prostate is enlarged.  Could this also
be a result of long term use and sudden stoppage of Prednisone?  Lastly,
which is a better drug for urinary tract/prostate problems, Tetracycline or
Bactrum?

Sorry about all the questions, but Binky has really been through hell.  Does
my Prednisone theory sound correct or am I totally off?  Dr. Williams, your
comments would be greatly appreciated as well as anyone else's.  Thanks
again everyone!