From:
"Matthew V. McDunnell V. McDunnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:57:08 EST
Great vision today.  I was exploring the great vast expanses of the Tee Vay
roome tundra when I came across a great beast of a remarkable nature.  The
silver beast growled continuously in a strange forbearing way.  I knew at
first sniff that this monster was like nothing I had experienced before.
Neither my experiences with the horrific D.O.G. or the terrifying C.A.T.
had prepared me for this.  The All-Father was directing the creature about
the Tundra, but it complained insistently.  I was horrified when I realized
that this ravager was eating everything in sight!  Dust, paper, even my hord
of valiantly plundered raisins fell into its horrific maw!  I danced my war
dance to taunt the foul demon away from my treasures, and it stopped just
short of my favorite rattle.  (I assure you that had that rattle fallen to
it's greed there would be no peace in the heavens this day).

As I dooked out my war dance the demon spawn turned towards me with a low
rumble.  Looking bravely at the beast I charged and attacked.  Although It
Fought valiantly it was no match for my weasel fighting prowess.  The
All-Father had to pull me off of it's growling carcass five times!  Finally
with a look of pride All-Father pulled it's tail (harshly I might add), and
ended it's insistent whinning.  He returned the beast to its' den.  (I'd
always wondered what lay beyond those insurmountable doors).

It has been several hours since the beast was banished and I have meditated
on the experience.  This monsters noise is not a new noise to my tribe.  I
have learned that its' cataclysmic groaning has been heard in my tribe many
times before monumental changes in the world.  It seems to be a harbinger of
great rifts in the area that we call the Doorway.  Rocky, the great and
seasoned elder of the tribe has told me that beasts presence was most
prevalent not only before the great world changes of Aprel and Agust; but
also before the coming of the All-Mother.  I was but a roaming kit who had
not earned the title of War-Dancer in those days, but these stories are well
known among my people.  Surely great changes lie ahead.

An exploratory expedition will be launched tomorrow to ferret out a secret
entrance to the demons cave.  We have been informed of such entrances by
Hobbs of the Janet tribe.  In the meantime I patrol the Doorway with
anticipation and bravery.

                        Anjya Warrior Ferret