From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:15:39 PDT
I was very upset to read the most recent digest and see that so many
ferrets are being put up for adoption by their owners that I wanted to
cry!  Let's remind everyone out there that these pets are not "throw-aways"
they are a long-term commitment and are not to be taken any different than
if you were to adopt a human (MY OPIONION FOLKS).  I feel this way about
every living thing, not just ferrets.  Why as humans do we feel entitled
or permitted to treat living things the same way as we treat inanimate
objects?  WHY?  Animals are not a pair of pants, an old shirt, pair of
sneakers, car, etc...I am always disheartened to see these posts.  To those
of you who read this list and are considering adopting a ferret, PLEASE
DO YOUR RESEARCH PRIOR TO MAKING THIS DECISION!  I have sacrificed many
opportunities for my animals and I am NOT complaining.  Many people on this
list have done the same.  Humans are not "elite", just lucky to have
control over other species.

That is my lecture, take it or leave it, LOL!

In regards to bad batches of TF, I thought that discussion was over?  Guess
I will add my two cents.  I have one of the "suspected" bad bags and there
is NOTHING wrong with it.  It smells normal and looks normal and my ferrets
still love it.  The manufacturer is being overly cautious, which is fine,
but let's not keep saying that all these bags are bad and that they should
not be consumed.  This is simply NOT the case with my experience.  "Beating
a dead horse" comes to mind (I do not advocate beating an animals either
dead or alive).

To those of you who have suffered recent losses, my heart goes out to you.
Losing one of these animals is very difficult, but look at it this way, you
had the privledge of providing care to such a wonderful living being.

Best to all of you and keep fuzzy!

[Moderator's note: While the "bad food" discussion may have winded down a
bit, if people have problems with TF food I certainly don't think asking
about a lot number is inappropriate.  BIG]