From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 09:08:10 -0500
Mari I. Schatz mentioned something about mink food being fish based.

This is not true regarding the mink breeder I know of.  He makes his own
mink food.  The food is composed out of chicken bi-products (from a nearby
chicken farm), and sort of looks like a brown paste.  Minks and ferrets
loves his food.

Mari said something about that mink farmers and big ferret breeders usually
only care for their animals to get nice coats, but isn't it true for a mink
(or ferret) to get a nice coat they need to be both happy and healthy???

I would say that there are a lot of missunderstandings here about big
breeders.  How many ferrets would there be in the US.  if it was not for
Marshall Farms?  Would this Ferret Mailing List even excist if MF didn't???
Would people know what a ferret was if it wasn't for MF?

Think about this next time you walk in to a petstore and you see MF's
cute little ferrets!