From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:50:27 -0600
Ann Marshal posted:
>My three guys were just diagnosed with ECE Monday.  The vet prescribed
>Bactrium(sp?) instead of Amoxicilin and Famotidine instead of Carafate.
>Has anyone else used these drugs to treat ECE?  If so did you have good
>results?

Can't tell you about the Famotidine, but we regularly use Bactrim for our
ECE cases.  Amoxicillin just doesn't seem to do the job.  For the really bad
or persistent cases, we'll go straight to Baytril (we use the injectable
kind, it's less stress for us and the ferret than pills).  We also dose the
ferrets with PeptoBismol or Kaopectate, and this combination seems to work
(usually, NOT always, unfortunately!).

Good luck with your fuzzies!

Sara and Kurt Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)

http://members.igateway.net/~furry