From:
Patrick Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1992 11:01:04 -0500
The message I saw advertising this mailing list said that the process was
automated... thus the reason for the impersonal tone of my message.

[It did?  Where did you see the message?  This is not automated.]

I've had my little carpet shark for about a month and a half now, which
makes her about 2 1/2 months old.  She is an absolute terror to my poor
cat, since her idea of a fun time is to jump on him and bite at anything
exposed... and since he's not neutered... :v)  I've seen him drag her around
the kitchen two or three times by her teeth (she being locked on his leg,
or the ruff of his neck).

I've had a bit of trouble with her cage - first, she decided that her
shavings looked better outside than inside.  She's kind of given that up,
now, but she still flicks it around sometimes.  I have a smaller tray inside
her cage with kitty litter in it, but she doesn't really like to use it -
about one time in three, she'll push it away from the edge of the cage, and go
in the corner instead.

What I've noticed is that she's amazingly smart, but equally thick-skulled.
She managed to figure out how to open her cage from the inside (a feat I
would have thought impossible), but she can't get it through her skull that
feet are NOT sparring partners...  However, she is biting a lot less tha she
did, so I'm hoping that it will eventually solve itself.  How long does it
normally take for them to stop biting and nipping continually?