Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:17:07 -0500
There has been some concern about the safety of using diatomaceous
earth near fuzzies. The only real danger is that diatomaceous earth is
about the consistency of baby powder. Therefore, don`t let the ferrets
breathe the poof cloud as you apply it to your room. We use it on the
thresholds, and all around,where the wall meets the floor. It is safe
for them to walk through--safe if they lick their paws. Safe even if
they eat it. Not poisonous. Kills bugs without chemicals. (Use food
grade only!!!)

It kills fleas, ants, roaches, spiders--even those fake ladybugs that
bite!! Safe for humans & animals--but like walking on broken glass to
bugs. It slashes their exoskeletons, then absorbs their bodily fluids.
(Gory, huh!)

We have used it safely for about 12 years--maybe 13. Wonderful stuff.

Just keep the ferrets away until the dust has settled :)

Hope this helps. Love, Zoo

[P.S.]
It doesn`t take much to do the job. We lightly sprinkle about
1/2 - 3/4 cup for our whole room :)

We do it a couple/few times a year.