Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 03:12:58 -0400
Risa:

The regimine of Amoxicillin for at least two weeks, Flagyll for at
least two weeks, and then Carafate as an ONGOING help is the proven
way to cure ulcers, and it worked for us, but it will take at least 2
months for the ulcers to actually be healed. It's vital that you keep
up with the Carafate (or sucralfate) during that time, and it must be
given at least 20 minutes before meals, and preferably TWO HOURS apart
from other meds. It coats the stomach and would prevent the proper
absorption of the meds.

It will also help if he has soup or softer food to eat as much as
possible rather than kibble, as pieces of kibble could aggravate the
ulcers, depending on their severity.

I would also strongly recommend the use of Pepcid AC twice a day
to reduce the acid reflux. I had excellent success using Pepcid AC
tablets when fighting ulcers with Neo. It kept his stomach calm and
his appetite normal. Here is what I did: Take one 10 mg Pepcid AC
tablet and dissolve in 4.0 ml of water (I used distilled water). I
then administered 0.25 ml of this solution twice daily. That is
the equivalent of 1/8 of a tablet daily, or 1.25 mg of the active
ingredient Famotidine daily. You have to shake the container briskly
each time before drawing the 0.25 ml because there is some settling of
the dissolved tablet. We gave him this in conjunction with Carafate,
and continued this after 4 weeks of amoxicillin. His ulcers were cured
in about 10 weeks, and they were very bad to begin with.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna