From:
Paula Lytle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1993 20:00:41 -0400
I would like to post a plea for adopting rescued ferrets on the list. I
don't run a shelter myself, but both of my girls, Persephone and Pandora,
have come from a wonderful couple, Chris and Dave Mathis, who run one.
Right now they are absolutely swamped with rescued ferrets- one of the
local pet chains has been selling ferrets really cheaply. (I heard $25 but
I haven't confirmed this myself.) People have been buying ferrets with
little idea of the care, and these ferrets are then being abandoned when
they bite or whatever. Chris and Dave have been involved in rescue work
for a while now, and they have been absolutely overwhelmed lately. They
now have over 140 ferrets (bear in mind that this is in Oregon- not a
densely populated state- they usually have about 40 in residence). They take
excellent care of the ferrets, but it is quite a strain on them.
I hope this is not an inappropriate post on the list, but if anyone is
interested in adopting, get in contact with me via email or call them at
(503) 557-8369. They are in Oregon City, Oregon.