From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:52:12 -0400
I had an urgent request from someone who knows details and is very
annoyed at some slip-shod reporting to put this on because it is well
written and accurate due to people getting confused over the monkey pox
thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Prairie-Dog-Sickness.html

The vectors do NOT include ferrets.  Rodents and primates are the
vectors.  The fear is of it getting into U.S.  rodent populations from
released rodents.

R., I asked that site to send you a copy of the info; also check the CDC
site that I used for the info needed with the SARS confusion, and the
involved state's health dept's sites.  I think that there are some places
for further info attached to the article above but I'm not sure.

Back to my searching for Chiclet's stuff... (though I found this
particular break relaxing, to be frank, probably because I had it handy
and I need a break -- come to think of it I need a meal -- I'm going to
take a real break instead of just delving in again over and over after
little breaks and lots of care work).  I'll read the FML and I'll eat a
sandwich sicne I haven't eaten yet today and then I'll feed her again
and then do some household chores and then I'll go back to searching
again.  that sounds good.  Thanks, R!  You had perfect timing!)