From:
zauberin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:47:48 -0400
Hi everyone!

Thank you to Gary and Linda who both emailed me about the questions I had
about yeast and Timmy's Tonic!  It helped 100%.

Our yearly vaccinations are this month, and I dread it.  Bailey, my oldest,
had a horrible reaction last year and nearly died from it.  They received
both at once, we waited a half an hour and then started home when she had
the fit.  It was enough, at the time, for me to swear off doing that again.
Our vet suggested staggering them and using Benadryl before hand, so we'll
do that with them this year.

My question is this: Why do they need them every year?  Is it because they
don't have a permanent one or that the amount they would need to get is
dangerous?  Also, if it "wears off" or weakens in a year's time, does that
mean there is no build up in their system?  Would a build up ever be
possible?  For instance, you give them shots for the first four years, and
then after that they would be okay because of the build up?

I just hate these damn shots.  I'm already so afraid for Bailey.  I fought
to keep her through Adrenal and Insulinoma, and I think I would just have
to choke someone if I lost her to something that was *supposed* to help
her.  Thank God I have a good vet.  But still... *sigh* I don't know how
you guys with human children do this stuff!  8)

Thanks,
Julie

--------