Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 05:14:05 +0000
I have machine issues so dont have regular access.. just wanted to
share...

Midge, the little bald girl that found her way to me a few months ago
had spay surgery a few weeks back, after we found she had huge ovaries,
she recovered well and in the last couple of weeks finally stated to
get her coat come in. I was looking forward to having the chance to
take her back to see her former group so they could see her in all her
glory.

Last night I got her and Princess Lily out for their late night session
and noticed Midge was very flat and breathing differently, however she
took chicken baby food and 'tone with relish so it seemed that it was
the warm night affecting - like the dog.. and even Lily was quieter..
but I resolved to check lillte Midgey during the night.

At 3 am I found she had left for the bridge, her cold body laying in
the bottom of the cage, her newly grown fuzz soft to the touch, and
making me realise that I will never get to see her with a full coat
on her tiny body. Im now wondering if the surgery was the right thing
to do.. I know second guessing isnt healthy but I cant help it

So if the bridge greeters meet a chatty little girl with the tiniest
head you ever saw that has the beginnings of a lush brown and black
fuzziness.. reunite her with Chunky and Ollie and she can meet the
others who went before.

Little miss Midge, you came to me so late in your life, and I am glad
that for a few short months I was able to show you some love and
security. Another piece of my heart has been stolen away, Im going to
miss your quiet chatter, the hair checks and all those other little
things you did to make me smile.... and I now have to think about
Princess Lily - who - for the first time in many years is alone.

Goodnight my little sweetheart you touched me deeply in the short time
we shared.

Cris & Unkie Lee (reserve hooman) & Princess Lily

Remembering those who stole pieces of my heart
Custard (Cussieangelweezil) my gentle little joker and daddies
snuggleferret
Bubbles, (Da Warweezil) first ferret par excellence and leader of the
furkidz
Skweek (Skweekyweezil) daddies litle earwashing girl and all round
little madam
Rhoobarb (Biteyweezil) Who never did lose the habit of "tasting" people
Chunky (Chunkyfuzzle) The most laid back fuzzy ever.
Ollie (Olliefuzzle) Huge Hunk of Fuzzy love
Midge (Ikkle miss Midgeyness) My tiny girl with a huge spirit and a big
character