From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 23:42:48 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was picking up toys that
her kits had left lying on the floor. Always, always, she was reminding
them to pick them up. But sometimes they did, and of course being
kits, sometimes they didn't. They would run outside to play, or find
something else to do leaving her to follow along after them. It was
no use leaving the basket for them to put the toys in; she had already
tried that. So... Then she heard the familiar tap at the door. She went
to open it and saw Ozzy, the substitute boy courier, standing there
with a note in his paw. He said, (with his soft Texas dook)

"Howdy Miss SaraFerret, a ferret is crossing the Bridge and his mommy
is requesting that you meet him. Do you want me to go get the family
so they will know he is coming?"

He handed me the note (I knew he had already read it) and I scanned it.
I told him to fly away to get the right one and meet us. Then I flew
to the entrance hoping I would be on time. Alas, I was not. (Atta girl,
Sara, always a day late and a dollar short!) There the little fuzzy
with splayed feet and a small backpack waited patiently for me. So I
quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me and said, "My name is Toast and I belong to Mommy
Nancy. Do you know her? Mommy told me about the beautiful place that I
would be going before I left her and she promised me that I would have
friends here. Where are they? And how will I be able to run? My feet
don't really walk very well. Mommy rescued me after I was set on fire
by some mean men. That's why she named me Toast. Those people tried to
make me into french fried ferret. I hurt so bad. I lost my tail and
you can see how bad my feet and the rest of me looks. But I became a
Certified Therapy Ferret. I just don't see how I can do all you say I
will be able to do. But at least I don't hurt anymore and that is a
blessing. But I do miss Mommy terribly."

Then I just happened to see the backpack that he was carrying so I
said, "Toast, let me see the pack. Not to worry; I am not gonna take
anything. It has just been so long since I have been on earth, I like
to see what others bring with them." So he carefully unzipped his pack
and took out his badge and said, "Mommy thought it was lost, but I knew
I was gonna cross so I packed it. But this little packet here; I cannot
take out. It is a little piece of her heart and it would slip away. I
know she will never miss it, since her heart is so big anyway." Then
we put it all away and zipped it all up.

At that moment, Helena' Robin came rushing up and hugged him. "Toast,
my old friend," she dooked. "Welcome. My, you sure look different. Your
feet are okay now and LOOK AT YOU--YOU HAVE A TAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Toast exclaimed, "I HAVE A TAIL NOW??????????????????" He looked back
and sure enough there was a bushy tail and of course his feet all four
of them were in working order.

Helena' Robin then decided to spring another surprise on him.
"Guess what? You are gonna get your very own pair of wings just like
mine--well not exactly like mine--yours will be boy wings. We can go
flying about the heavens together. Won't that be the best thing." (I
thought to myself, well she is doing my job perfectly. Put that girl
to work for me. Truly amazing how well they do learn).

So all three of us went on down the garden path to the Wing House where
the wings were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big
box (of course). Toast opened the box and took out his wings--the color
of autumn leaves with silver edging. Helena' Robin helped put on his
wings and I adjusted his halo. Then he ran to the big vanity mirror
and he gazed at his reflection--sure enough he had a beautiful tail
and his feet (all four) were perfect and his fur was fluffy and he was
so handsome. He turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me
now." Then I gots an idea. So we opened the door and left there.

We went down the path to the Misting Pond and sat down beside the cool
clear water. With one swish he saw the vision of Mommy Nancy appear.
He got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me and
holding me while I passed. I found my friend Helena' Robin here and she
said there are others here so I won't be all alone. I am handsome now
and I have my tail and my feet are okay so I can run. I have the most
beautiful wings; you just can't believe how they look -- soon Helena'
Robin and I will fly together. I feel great now. I have my badge; I
packed it knowing I was gonna cross, so don't worry about it being
lost."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you
should read this it should have landed there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

We left there and went down another road where we were met by a group
with Ozzy trailing behind. Toast was chattering away to Helena' Robin.
We saw the cottage all decked out for a picnic and heard the music
a-playing. We made it on in and Toast was truly amazed at the food and
all the fuzzies who were there to welcome him. Everyone was telling him
about all the things to do and the games they could play and fun they
would have. And of course he had to have a bite to eat. Of course he
could dance now and he was asked to do that. Toast seemed to be having
so much fun, so I caught him as he went by and told him I had to leave
and gave him a hug. I waved a goodbye to all and went on my way.

I asked Ozzy if he wanted to join me and the kits for cheerios and
glasses of sweet iced tea. He said he would do that and then head
back to his village.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter