From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 22:08:37 -0400
Hello all.

I said I would update for those who are interested in the results of
Jasper's examination - the second opinion.  Yes his spleen is slightly
enlarged but he said it is an overactive spleen and isn't enlarged enough to
worry about.  We are to keep a close eye on him however.  If it gets larger,
of course it's back to the vet - this vet.  The lymph nodes in his neck are
also slightly enlarged but it is not related (this time) to his spleen.  He
thinks that the tartar on his teeth has something to do with that.  If it
was all related, the vet said that probably all of his lymph nodes would be
acting up but it is just these and none of the others.  Jasper doesn't have
a clean bill of health but action is on hold for now and he is on close
observation.

For those of you that remember I wrote about Nikki last year, we thought she
had adrenal disease with the only symptoms being bald over 2/3 of her body
and a swolen vulva.  When Dayna Frasier talked about her full spectrum
lighting we sent for her regime and we implemented it.  Nikki grew back all
of her fur except for the underside of her back paws.  Her vulva shrank to
normal size and all was well.  The vet saw her at her worst and even then he
was not convinced that it was adrenal disease - and he has done many, many,
many adrenal operations (he knows what he is doing).  We told him of her
progress and he rhymed off the long name (of which I don't even remember one
syllable) which he thought it was.  He still maintains that she does not
have adrenal disease.  I do believe him but I am not about to take away
Nikki's full spectrum lighting.

There you have it.  The update on the 2 sick kids, but not so sick kids.
Each are happy, bouncy, playful, eat, drink and poop normally and do all of
the things that normal ferrets do, being watched carefully by their mommy
and daddy.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller.