From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:35:02 -0500
I captured this Maxximum Kitten Food posting, from a Yahoo Ferret
Group. I thought I would pass it on to everyone, since it is already
being passed to other groups.

Questions And Comments About Maxximum Kitten Food Nutrition:
Wal-Mart Stores, Incorporated
Consumer Affairs Office
Bentonville, AZ 72716
( 1-800-982-9802 )

Smiles,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!
Owned By The Brat Pack And The Furo Mafia!
Every Ferret Has A Song And Dance!

[Moderator's note: Generally I need permission to carry things from any
other sources. Since this is a rather factual post and doesn't contain
personal info, as an exception I'm letting it through in case anyone
uses it for their fuzzbutts. And no, it does not negate the original
author's copyright. BIG]

Got this from another list and thought I'd send it for others to see.
Not sure yet how this new formula will effect the fuzzies but just
thought I would pass this on.

Eugenia

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but our Wal-Mart has
just switched their Maxximum Kitten formula. I called the number on the
old bag and was told that they have changed product manufacturers and
that the number I called didn't have access to any info about the new
formula, so I was advised to look on the new bag and call them. I have
a call into them now, but they have a recording saying to leave my
number and they will call back as soon as possible. I'm waiting for
their call back now.

Here are the ingredients in order on the old bag, and below that the
list on the new bag.

Old: Chicken, chicken meal, brewers rice, fish meal, corn gluten meal,
animal fat (via vitamin E), corn meal, dried egg, dried beet, animal
digest, etc.

New:
Chicken meal, corn gluten meal, poultry fat with vitamin E, brewers
rice, ground wheat, dried beet pulp, fish meal, dried whole eggs,
natural flavors, potassium chloride, salt, dried brewers yeast, fat
product, choline chloride, taurine, vitamin E supplement, ferrous
sulfate, zinc sulfate, minerals, vitamin A supplement, calcium
pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, manganous oxide, riboflavin
supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, source of vitamin B and K
supplements, sodium selenite, folic acid, calcium iodate, vitamin D
supplement, cobalt carbonate.

The new company just returned my call and stated that because recipes
are proprietary and they have no access to the old formula, they are
using their own formula. The analysis is the same, excepting for
moisture content.

Crude protein,--36,
Crude fat min.--22,
Crude fiber--2.50,
Moisture-- 10,
Calcium min--1.00,
Phosphorus min --.80,
Selenium min.--.39,
Vitamin. E-- 150 IU,
Taurine--.17,
Omega 6--2.20,
Omega 3--.22,
DHA--.05

So, now what??? My cats hate Pro Pac. Is the new formula ok to use
without the good protein sources of the original? Plus, the old formula
was $3.84 a bag and the new stuff is $5.24 for the same size bag.
Sheesh!

Samala
Renee