From:
"Barbara M. Kelly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 02:54:22 -0400
WE FOUND CORA!!!!!!

She was at home all the while (48+ hours)!  One of my two children (neither
will fess up) must have gone into a linen closet and left the door open for
a short period of time.  This linen closet abuts the wall of the tub in the
first floor bathroom.  Inside the closet is a hole in the sheet rock for
access to the water shut offs.  Although I checked and called to Cora in
this area many times crawling around with a flashlight in hand to peer down
the hole she never came or made a sound.  I even put a small bowl of milk (a
no - no) near the opening of this hole to lure her and left the closet door
open.  Because Cora is WACKY about milk above all food items and will leap
buildings in a single bound, crawl up a standing body to get at a bowl of
cereal with milk in it (the kids and I have to hide now when we eat cereal),
I thought this to be the ultimate lure.  Not even the highly prized milk
worked apparently she got herself in there and "lost her way" back to the
original entry point.  At any rate, my daughter heard her yesterday
afternoon in the wall across from the one where she had to have entered.
Because it was apparent that she either didn t know how to get back to her
original entry point or because something was keeping her from going back to
the original entry point, I had to carefully cut a square of sheet rock out
of the wall she was in to get her.  But it was worth it.  Thank God and you
and all of your subscribers for the support and well wishes.

I am so relieved.  THANK ALL OF YOU VERY, VERY MUCH.

Barbara Kelly

[Moderator's note: Cora was the other lost New Hampshire ferret we were
on the lookout for.  BIG]