From:
Elly McKay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:53:52 -0800
Looking for a vet tech or someone to help my 4 year old fuzzy with
supportive care for post op complications (insulinoma surgery). He has
been on IV fluids for several days to improve his kidney function and
he is getting better every day. He is the sweetest gentlest ferret I
have ever known. The vets at the critical care unit (they don't have
an ferret vet there) would like to see him come home, but I need some
help in order to give him the care he will need. I work 9-5:30 in West
Seattle during the week and have 4 other fuzzys to take care of as
well.

The main challenges he is facing now are kidney related and high blood
sugar. So glucose monitoring (I have an Abbott Alpha Trak monitor)
Insulin injections if needed and subq fluids, even coming over during
the day to snuggle with him would help him - he loves head rubs and
lap time. Gravy/ meds, etc...

Anyone who knows any fuzzy loving people in my area that may be able
to lend a hand, please email me at [log in to unmask] or