From:
Marta Towne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:17:21 -0500
I have a blaze ferret named Pepper.  He has been through several himes
before he came here, and he is a real sweetie.  The Vet estimates his age
at 9 years old or so.  Pepper is the perenial "perfect" ferret, never
bites, not even in play, 100% in the litter box........he would rather be
with me than theother ferrets.  He is my Old Man and I adore him!  He has
won over ever person wo has ever met him, even anti-ferret people.

The down side is that Pepper has adrenal cancer.  He is almost totally
bald, enlarged tumm ( could be all the Duck Soup and Veal Baby food he
gets!) :)

Pepper has already had adrenal surgery where they removed everything they
could...now there is nothing they can do.

Before he got sick, Pepper was a talented and valient mouser, and he is
still wardancing (some, he tires easilly) and acting like a ferret!  The
Vet says he is not going to be in pain, and I keep a close eye on him for
trouble going potty, or loss of appetite.  I know I am going to lose him,
and when he is ready, I will do what I have to do.  but neither of us are
ready yet.  Pepper is a silver blaze, deaf but other than continual
adrenal, he has never had anyother health problems that I have seen,,,,I
would not hesitate to get another Blaze, Pepper was my first ferret, and I
have never once regretted taking him in from teh shelter.

If you and your ferrets have time, maybe you could drop Pepper a line at
[log in to unmask]  ....he loves getting mail.  And prayers are nice too!

Pepper's mom
(also the mom of SolT, Cinnimon, Suger, Spice and Whiskers, (AKA Whiskey
Sour)