From:
Wes Briscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:16:47 -0700
Isn't rabies treatable in humans?

If so, why do so many people fuss over a animal with rabies, since if it
does on the off chance bite someone and pass the disease over to the "oh so
precious" human being, then can't that human just go to the doctor and get a
few shots?  Don't animals with rabies die rather quickly anyhow?

Hrm.

Anyway, I have another question.  My rather brainless albino decided to take
the liberty of pulling most of the fur out of the back of the neck of his
older, yet smaller sable counterpart, and I was curious about how long the
longer fur on a ferret should take to grow back once being accidentally
removed.  Anyone have a idea?

I also was curious to know if since Albino's are generally bread to be
albino, do they suffer any genetic brain problems (like not having any) from
this?  My albino (Blur) seems to be really dense, he doesn't really have a
sense of height and has jumped on several occasions from heights of 5' or
more.  And no matter what we do, he hasn't picked up on the simple "no no's"
that we had to teach our sable (Like staying off the coffee table, to stop
chasing the cat, etc).

I'm just worried because he's picked up the new idea of climbing our 2 level
cage, waiting for the sable to come into the room, and then dive-bombing
her, generally head first.

Thank you.
Wes