From:
Lawrence Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:15:50 -0500
I'm taking my old man, Andy in for exploratory surgery Tues. am.  He is old
and has lost a lot of weight!  The Doc could palpate a mass in his abdominal
area.  Doc does not think it is a blockage.  If it is an involved cancer,
he won't be recovered from anesthesia.  (GASP!  HOPE!) Doc said he felt
like he had less than a 50% chance.  For those who pray, please pray for
the best for Andy.  Doc said he would pray that he could call me with good
news.

I've had ferrets for more than 10 years and Andy is my second ferret.  I
lost my first, Frankie FooFoo (my husband named her???), then Winnie The
Pooh, then Cindy Lou from Whoville.  Freddie is not well.  You may remember
him from my posts around Christmas.  He didn't do well from his surgery and
I almost lost him.  He was recovering and dancing around, hair coming back
and being a ferret in general.  All of a sudden, he stopped eating AGAIN,
gnashing his teeth, etc.  Back on Pepto/H2o, Amoxi, and duck soup.  He is
holding his own.  He looks like a refugee from a concentration camp.

PeeWee has Lymphoma.  He is on Timmy's Tonic and pred.  He did throw up
this morning and he is getting quite puffed up.  Did I see a post and
photo's about this problem?  If you see this, please e-mail me privately.

Gidget, Cindy II and Harvey are fine.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I
love my ferrets.  My heart breaks for those whose ferrets have gone to the
Bridge.  I hope Andy doesn't go tomorrow.  *SIGH*

Tequita and Larry