Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:29:45 -0400
Signe, I loved your story!  You really made us see those ferrets and their
antics!

Ok, here's a question.  Earlier this winter my 2 ferrets had ECE.  It was
awful and I wrote to you over and over with questions...  Well, I would
finally say they are completely recovered, the predicted 3 months later.

Let me tell you a little history.

1. One of the ferrets, Ramie, had always been VERY active.  Then, last
september, he had a bad reaction to distemper vaccine.  He recovered, but
it was as if he turned middle aged overnight.

2. both ferrets had chronic blockages.  They often just didn't poop enough
(not the usual ferret owners complaint!).  I consulted 2 vets who both
said to keep treating with laxatone or vaseline - not surgery - because
both seemd so healthy in every other way.  Ok.

Since the ECE, output is back up to a normal level in both, and Ramie is
W-A-Y more active than he had been even before the vaccine reaction.  He
actually dooks out loud now.  Do you think the ECE diarrhea cleared out
their hairballs?  & with the blockage removed little Ramie has more energy
to run & play?  I'd be curious to hear what you think about this minor
phenomenon.

thnx!
---shen