Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:10:33 EDT
Sometimes, I read a tale of horror on the FML.  You know--one of those
close calls where you feel your heart in your throat.  The ferret is in
terrible danger.  The story may have a tragic ending.  Or it may be the
unfolding of a close brush with death.

I read these and get tense and upset and have to remind myself that MY
babies are here and alright.  I hold them tight and kiss them all over
their little stinky weasel faces.  Last night-Sunny-the MF rhino ferret-
became yet another story.

Sunny went with me Bye-bye in the car yesterday.  I took off early from
work for a special Easter service.  The baby curled up pretty on my lap.
He stayed at my sisters home until after church.  When we all returned and
sat at the kitchen table to chat- I brought the tiny frail sickling out of
his carrier for all to see.....

The ferret who I did not believe was going to live: the one who could
barely toddle 3 days ago---Hopped, leaped, and then DASHED across the
kitchen floor around the corner--- and vanished.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny shot straight into the bathroom of a house that is over 50 years old
and flew under the sink-------------fell down the Shaft there--- into the
heating duct system in the basement of a Very large house.

We were up until 1:30 A.M.  tearing out ducts in my sisters basement to
save him.  EVery time we thought we had him, he scrambled into another
duct-moving closer and closer to the furnace.

My sister showed remarkable understanding considering her lack of fondness
for that which I adore.  As we pulled out the ceiling tiles and ducts :
dirt,dust, and spiders drizzled down on our church clothes, and my sisters
furniture, papers, and clean floors..  At last , the baby was forced out of
a duct that had to be entirely removed from the ceiling.

My sister does not believe that Sunny was EVER weak or frail, and says his
name is not Sunny or Rhino.   It is MUD.

He has been asked NEVER to return.

Yes--- We have been SHAFTED.

Lisette