From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:24:45 EDT
Hi all--
Well, mouth-to-mouth once saved Cully's life, before I owned him.  According
to his previous owner (the nice one who just didn't have time, not the nasty
abandoning one), she walked into her parents' living room to find Cully with
his head stuffed firmly between the seat cushions and back of a sofa.  He
was stuck and had stopped breathing.  So, she gave him a few gentle, gentle
puffs of air to get him going again.  He can't have been out for that long,
because he doesn't seem to have suffered any permanent damage.  He still
tries to stick his head down sofa backs, of course, but he seems to have
been born that way.  I would imagine that ferret physiology is just too
different for the Heimlich maneover we use on people to really work, and I'd
be very worried about breaking bones.

And in the now I know category-- I checked out the LIFE show standards and
discovered that Cully, as I thought, is a Siamese, and Amelia, surprize, is
a heavy silver or pewter.  She really looks quite a bit like the ferret to
the left of the text.  Only her toes are white, not her whole feet though.
I'll be sure to check out AFA's page too!

Oh, and what's an ichuemenon?  I saw a mustellid-looking critter in a book
of Greek art called an ichumenon (see, I'm spelling it in a variety of ways
in the hopes that one might be right).  It was definitely furry, long, and
low.

Regina
Amelia (who'd like to take this opportunity to point out that she's
flattered by the invitation, but cannot be attending any weddings in the
near future, as she doesn't particularly like other ferrets) and Cully, he
who never learns