From:
Peter Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:37:27 EST
>From:    ERIKA MATULICH <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 8-in-1 Food at Wal-Mart, carpet digging (help!)<<

Hi Erika.

I haven't been able to keep Sandy from digging a whole lot.  What I _have_
been able to do is keep him from wrecking my carpet.

I use those cheap astro-turf door mats to protect the corners where he digs.
Since he hasn't been able to dig through them yet (in stark contrast to the
carpet behind my TV - grrr!), he has backed off a bit.

The mats are (in some places) held down by furniture.  For example, the one
behind the TV is held in place by the TV stand.  You have to make sure that
the corner of the mat fits _snugly_ into the corner of the room, otherwise
they will learn how to pull it up.  You may have to use double-sided tape to
hold it down.

An interesting side effect.  Neither fert will poop on the mats if they can
help it.  Hmmm..

Hope this helps!

Pete