Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:58:22 -0500
I would like to thank everyone who thought of Baby and wished her warm
wishes during her recent medical troubles.

I have not been in the mood to post about it, but I had to let Baby
go Christmas Eve day. She is missed more than words can convey, that
little face to greet me, that little furry body to snuggle and hug. And
ahh, to breath in that scent. With her gone, the last of my fuzzloves,
an emptiness permeates my day, casting a lonely parlor over every
solitary moment. But I smile when I think of her antics, when I
remember everything about her that made her so special. My Baby from
the first moment when she hid in my hair. Part of the family from the
first moment when Mikette groomed her ears. Sister from the first
moment she joined newly arrived Jillie in the carrier. The three of
them are one again, just awaiting me.

I treasure the last weeks when I feared time was fading and took every
moment to hold and cuddle her, together resting under the glow of the
christmas tree. Tonight I find myself sitting by the tree with her
favored sleeping sweater pressed against my face, aching for the
familiar scent.

Please go hug your fuzzie for me now, snuggle them close, smell that
wonderful smell, and get in as many kisses as you can on those soft
ferret necks.

And if you will, for each ferret you have, make an outreach to help a
shelter ferret. Maybe one dollar, maybe one blanket, maybe one pound
of food, maybe one home. In the name of your beloved treasured ferret,
reach out to the waiting ferret.

Warm wishes and happy hearts to all ferrets, homed and sheltered.

Risa
missing forever my bambino tanfrino