From:
ShariDiane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:13:13 EST
Around 6pm Monday night, 9 year old sable female ferret "Astro" died in her
Mommy's arms.

If you came to last October's Triangle Ferret Lovers club meeting, with
guest speaker Dr. Jay Mackie on Geriatric Care, you met Astro.

Astro was a great ambassador for all ferret-kind.  Over the years, she
helped win over unknowledgeable ferret hearts, and assisted with the healing
of a handicapped person.  She was loved in many states, by many people.

Club member Cheryl Bricky took excellent care of Astro throughout her long
life.  Let's all hope we can provide the same for our own ferrets.

Within the hour of Astro's death, I took Astro's body to Rollins Pathology
for a necropsy (autopsy).  We believe she died of old age, but she was
palpitated a few days ago with a "lump" on the end of her spleen.  Astro's
*only* illness in her 9 years, was a possible infection last Fall.
Hopefully, the pathologists' findings will help all ferret-kind in our
fuzzy future.

I trust Astro's spirit is at the Rainbow Bridge, fully restored to health
and playing with new friends.  Please keep off-liner Cheryl Bricky in your
thoughts, sending healing thoughts as she is in great mourning.

If you would like to send Cheryl a message, email it to me and I will
forward to her.

With bowed heads,

Shari, Chipper & Gina