From:
Anita Chavera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:50:50 -0500
This is my first post to the digest so I'll keep it short.  I have 3
ferrets, one 2 and 1/2 year old male sable, and two 1-year old female
sables.  The problem is with the male, JoJo.  Last night at about 3 am I
woke up to loud noise in the ferret room.  I went in and found JoJo had
fallen out of the hammock and was on the floor of the cage throwing up.
There was quite a lot of it, it looked like digested food.  His whiskers
looked red and irritated, and he smelled awful!  This kept up for about 5
minutes, then he was obviously tired and wanted to sleep.  This morning he
seemed fine.  About 1 month ago we lost our first ferret, Peanut, to
lymphoma, and now I'm terrified of losing another so young (Peanut was
JoJo's sister, same age).  They did have some Cheweasels for the first time
and JoJo didn't have much interest, but it's possible that he ate some and
just got an upset tummy from them.  If anyone has any advice or suggestions
please let me know.