From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:51:07 -0600
Hi all!  Hope everyone is stuffed!  I got great news about Greta's
heartworm tests.  Both were negative.  At this point the vet feels she
either had an infection or has asthma or allergies.  We are going to play
it by ear thru the holidays and see if she has wheezing problems again or
not.  So far she is fine.  Very happy!  :o)

I rented a couple of movies this weekend, one of which was "The Big
Lebowski" which I got only because I knew there was a ferret in it.  Let me
save you a couple of bucks!  I could only watch the first 15 minutes of it
because the language was SO bad!  Every other word started with "F", and
it wasn't "fuzzy".  I fast-forwarded to find the ferret scene.  Some thugs
brought in a large sable ferret on a leash and threw it in the bathtub with
this Lebowski guy.  He started kicking it and beating on it and trying to
drown it.  You could hear it screaming as it thrashed about in the water.
Finally the thug pulled it out and they left.  I found it very disturbing
to watch (even tho I'm sure the ferret wasn't actually hurt).  I definately
do not recommend this movie.

On Saturday, I visited our local fuzzy shelter, In The Company of Ferrets.
She has over 50 fuzzies, some of which are in foster homes.  I fell in love
with one named Bright Eyes., a previously abused male.  He is a very sweet
lap ferret.  Since I cannot add to my family, I am going to sponser one or
two ferrets there.  Anyone who is at their limit for fuzzies, should
consider sponsering a fuzzy at their local shelter.  It really helps out
the shelter and you can know that you are helping a specific fuzzy until
they get a new home.  Also a good idea for children who are too young to
handle the responsibility of a ferret, yet.  They can go visit their
sponsered fuzzy and play with it and learn how to handle it properly before
they get one of their own later.

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies;
Lucy  (No more fuzzies please, I have to share everthing as it is!)
Greta  (I told you those Craisins would cure me!)