From:
Pat Scherschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 23:05:40 -0400
My dearest FML friends,
I have had a plaque with this message on my kitchen wall for so long I can't
even remember how long.  I have received so much from all of you that I felt
that with all the love we share for our fuzzies and I'm sure all animals
that you would appreciate having it.  You all mean so much to me.

                      "A Prayer for Animals"

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for
animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or
frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death.  We entreat for
them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart
of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.  Make us, ourselves, to be
true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

                      Albert Schweitzer

May God Bless all of you who run the shelters and give so much.  There truly
is a place reserved in Heaven for all of you.  And may God watch over all
your sick babies and make them well again.

Love and ferret kisses from Pat, Bubba, Weasey, Emmet and Mooky.