From:
Nancy William <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 14:45:05 -0600
I was blessed to have been involved in the Fredonia rescue.  Whether they
were bought or rescued since we had to buy them wasn't the most important
part of this whole incident.  We rescued several that would have been DEAD
if we hadn't bought them.  One female would have been dead within a week
because of her uterus was full of pus.  The vet wasn't sure she would make
it even after surgery.  Another had a cyst on her ovary that was large
enough that we thought she was pregnant.  Kaye had another with a cyst on
her ovary.

I happened to be the first one to receive ferret kisses from two of the more
serious cases that were taken to Lynda's.  I can honestly hope that the man
will not get more ferrets to breed.  He said they were wanting to travel now
and he had trouble finding someone that would take care of the ferrets, it
was easier to find someone to take care of the birds.  Troy Lynn did give
him some information about ferrets so if he ever decides to breed ferrets
again, he will at least know more about them.

Troy Lynn has two of the rescues from Fredonia at her house right now and it
is so much fun to play with them.  Every time I see them I remember the
conditions they grew up in.  As for calling in the authorities, it wouldn't
have done any good since in Kansas the only thing the authorities consider
is if the animals have adequate housing, food and water.  These ferrets were
housed adequately and they had food and water but they didn't have love or
the opportunity to be real ferrets.

This debate has probably gone on too long.  Just remember -- don't judge me
until you have walked a mile in my shoes.  I think if all of us would
remember that, maybe we could be a lot more tolerant of others.

First and foremost, the reason for this list is FERRETS and their wellbeing
and if we can aid even one ferret in trouble then we are doing what we are
supposed to do.

*Hugs*
Nancy