From:
Flavia CalzecchiOnesti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:54:26 +0200
Hi everybody,
my name is Flavia, from Italy, and I was a subscriber of the FML two years
ago... I've been away due to some Internet connection problems (as usual,
Italy sacrifices technology to history and art... ;)) but now my little
boy Plegine aka Play and I are back.  Now he's 4 yrs old... and the joy
of my life more than ever!

Now to the serious things-well... more or less :)

I'd like to know if someone has had an experience similar to this, but
I guess someone has:
I've been away for a week (I had never been away that long from my fuzzy),
and I left my ferret with my mom, who loves him as much as I do, even
though she doesn't see him so often as I obvoiusly do; she knows a lot
about ferret care, we read a lot of books and faqs and everything together,
so I'm not worried when she cares for him.  When I came back I noticed his
tail was beginning to lose hair on the tip... I know what that can mean, so
I began to panic and ran to my vet (yes, he's experienced with ferts, and
loves them really).  We had everything tested and he appeared to be ok...
Then, in one day or two, his hair was back again... So where's the trick,
I thought... The only answer I was able to find was that he missed his
mommy and so he was kind of 'stressed'... the vet said it was possible,
as everything was ok with him.  Well... Whew!!

And now to the funny part (or: ferret Karma strikes again)
I had to buy some food for Play, and I casually went to a shop where I
hadn't gone for nearly 10 months... Only now I know what pushed me there
hehehe...I call it ferret karma.

Anyway, I went in and ZOT!  My heart stopped!  Two strange furballs
sleeping in a hammock... a girl and a boy, about 4 months old.  I had
thought about getting a friend for Play but mom stopped me everytime 'cause
we also have 5 cats... but now nothing seemed so obvious than bringing them
home.  (And mom can't say anything now that I live on my own hehehe).  So,
next week I'll be teaching ferret math to my Play, my boyfriend wants to
be my assistant (honey, bring your iron socks please)and mom wants to
supervise their homework.  We'll have a class about 'Dook or not to dook',
another about 'The artistic value of war dancing' and finally 'How to cook
raisin BBQ and 'Ferretoni pizza'... I'm sure that all the three fuzzies
will get very good results and graduate ;)  I'll save a glass of pineapple
juice (Play's favourite treat-only a teaspoon of course) for all of you!
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share my joy with you!

Best wishes to all,
Flo,
Play (ok mom, I dont care if its a 40(o)C hot summer, what are you waiting
to wear those long sleeve thingies again??  Where else do you expect me to
sleep??  You silly silly mommy...)

and the two mathematicians (as soon as I bring them home I'll introduce
them)