Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:32:18 EST
You know you have gone and made me cry again.  Thank you for your prayers.
Baby will be in surgery tomorrow at 3 p.m. or so.  The vets do not allow
ferrets home like all of your vets-on the same day.  Baby has to stay 2 or
3 days.

I have never heard any of you say this in all the time I have read FML.
The costs of food, lodging, I.V., pain meds, and other meds really adds up.
My ferret surgeries seem to be the most expensive of any I have read of-
including Alaska.  One reason why is the 2 or 3 day extra stay these vets
insist on..

Why is Baby better off in a cage with next to no attention for 2 or 3 days?
She is alone all night.  There is no one who stays.  People there are very
busy during the day.  They are not holding her or feeding her duck soup.
Why is it necessary in Illinois for ferrets to be away from their care
givers for days???

Isn't it dangerous to have an I.V.  in a ferrets body all night in case she
chews on it or twist it?  Could she not really hurt herself??

Lisette