From:
Mark Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 01:14:38 -0400
Howdy All!   I enjoy reading all of your messages some have been of great
help with our three ferrets.  I thought I would share with you something that
I came across on the Internet that I thought was interesting if not amusing.

Humans make lousy pets...They are messy and far too independant.  Their
habits are difficult to live with.  They use up all the hot water in the
bath, then leave piles of dirty dishes all over, unlike a dog who can get
by with just two dishes.

Humans are three times more likely to get rabies then a ferret, yet there
are no available rabies vaccines for them.  They multiply out of control,
yet there is no spay/neuter programs for them.  They destroy habitats of
wild animals and are a detrimental species.  Humans are not listed as a
domestic or wild species, but the CA fish & game code exempts them from
needing permits.  (yes..it realy does..read it sometime)..  Humans are
often a danger to other humans and have been known to steal from them,
injure or kill them, abuse them and require more care and upkeep then their
parents have time to give them.  Oddly enough, while one needs special
permits to keep many pets in CA and some other states, a permit or license
isn't required to breed humans in the home.  Humane societies won't even
take unwanted humans, so they run loose in the streets, eatting out of
trash cans and sleeping in doorways...  <<<

Well thats it for now till the next time.

Mark Schafer