Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 03:18:37 +0000
On December 28, mchaput <[log in to unmask]> writes:
<snip>
>However, I feel that something should be said about those few who post
>articles on their dead ferrets....

You have to remember that this list deals with all aspects of ferret
ownership and the death of a pet is certainly a part, albeit an unfortunate
part, of the ownership of any pet.  Therefore, it should come as no
surprise to anyone if we see announcements of the death of our beloved pets
on the list, just as it is no surprise to see cat death announcements on
rec.pets.cats or the death of a pet iguana on rec.pets.herp or whatever.

Now that being said, I think you might have a point that the way we
announce a death in the family is just as important as the fact that
we've had one.  I don't think any of us would describe the death of a
human family member in the kind of detail I've seen several times
concerning ferrets.

I think we need a little more moderation on both sides; control from
those who have lost their ferrets in the descriptions of their loss,
and sympathy from the rest of us who might just one day be in the
same position.

-Brian