From:
Liz King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:08:59 -0500
When I had my first ferret, I noticed him trying to pry up one of the
floor register covers, so now all our registers , even in the rooms
where they do not usually go into, have either double sided tape or
screws to hold them down.

I found two of our current ferrets had removed the panel at the front
bottom of the bathroom vanity. This usually just snaps into place for
easy removal when putting in new flooring. Now the panel has been
screwed on. Thank goodness the holes under there for the plumbing were
not large enough for the ferrets to fall into! I almost had heart
failure when I saw the panel on the floor. I had visions of them having
plummeted into the basement. It is amazing how strong some of these
guys are. We had made sure none of the holes under the sinks had any
large holes around the drains etc but never dreamed they would find
their way under them.

Another one of our very tiny ferrets squeezed her way behind the gas
fireplace panel one day. There was the smallest gap there between the
panel and the brick. We had just adopted this little girl and even
though I thought it highly unlikely any ferret could get in there, I
insisted my husband turn off the pilot light. For now we have pieces
of wood filling in the gaps . We will have to have someone put extra
pieces of metal there. In the meantime, much as I love the fireplace,
it will not be used till that is done.

Liz