From:
Jeff Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:13:49 -0700
Well this morning I got to see what some of you have been describing a
death like sleep.  When I went to wake up Maya (which I have to do
carefully - she's def after all), she would not stir in the least.  I even
held her, and slightly shook her to no avail, but she was warm and I could
make out the faint movement of her chest breathing in and out.  It was
something.  I let Penny out and when I needed to go to the kitchen to
deposit some dish's (hay, I'm a bachelor after all!) about 5 minutes later
I took Penny for a shoulder ride.  We came back about 5 minutes later and I
closed up the door to the bedroom and let Penny go do her thing.  As I
hadn't given either of the two ferrets their morning treat of some dried
fruit I looked into Maya's cage (they both have separate cages for midnight
sleeping) and she was gone.  Not only had she be faking death, she was
faking sleeping for a chance to go into the living room!  I quickly made
my way out to the living room and found Maya excited as she could be for
her escapade over me.  Her tail was all awash in bristles and she looked
up at me with that look hay, thanks for being so gullible you big TWIT!  I
quickly scooped her up and her escape plans were dashed.

Tah Tah