From:
Joan Vick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:42:36 EDT
Really behind on reading the FML!  But I just wanted to comment on the
Siberian Q.  Many years ago, in the early 80's .  I had 4 Siberians.  I
also had ferrets.  But...to make this short..I lost 2 of my ferrets to
my Huskies.  The one got out of the house by mistake, Liberty the Husky
literally went under a chain link fence and one bite the ferret was gone.
The other had gotten out of their cage, and fell asleep under a footstool
in our basement.  A different Siberian this time, found her and that was
it!.  A 3rd, I had just spayed 3 days before, was grabbed by a different
dog!  I ran into the situation just in time, I said "drop it!!" and she
did.  Blood everywhere, ceiling ect.  But Sadie lived to a good old age
of 11, no worse for wear.  So thats experiance with 3 different dogs.  Also
the ferrets came first in the house, and all the Siberians came as puppies.
And were raised with the ferrets!  Not to scare anybody..But that is my
experiance with ferrets and Siberian Huskies!!  Siberians just seem to have
a problem with anything smaller than them.

Joan