Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:52:19 -0700
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I have been reading some stuff that concerns me.  There have been
>instances where people have rescued ferrets, which is great!  However, I
>do get upset when these same people post that they would practice violence
>on those who they rescued the ferre (s) from.  I understand your passion
>and the anger, but if you are serious, I urge you to reconsider your
>actions.  Violence begets violence.  I have been angered by the way people
>who I have rescued ferrets from, have treated these animals (especially
>the ones who were feeding the ferret Kix breakfast cereal and keeping the
>ferret in a small aquarium) BUT I would never consider violence or threats
>of violence, as an option.  I also worry when I see posts that threaten
>this, with a bunch of posts following that agree and encourage this
>stuff.  Just be happy that you saved the ferret, and leave it at that.

It's just a way of venting frustration.  Most of the posts I've seen like
that have obviously been in a joking manner.  I see very little harm done
in these posts.  It helps get the anger and frustration out for the rescuer
and the person it's directed to is pretty unlikely to see it, so they will
not be hurt by it.  I think the rescuers have no intention of carrying out
real violence against anyone.  They just need to vent in a forum where
they will be understood.

Star

=====
Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.  The
sleeper must awaken.  - Frank Herbert
Green Bean & Family - http://foxfoot.tripod.com/
Kitties: Happy, Cooper, Tibet, TS, Green Bean & Jessamyn
Ferrets: Boo, Eris, Texas, Icarus, Dakini, Dodger, Snagglepuss, Strawberry,
 Isadora & Feona Hopper