From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:31:16 -0600
This is Susie Lee of the been-closed for OVER a year once-upon-a-time
Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc. of Pensacola, Florida. I am promoting
this now-ancient video of our Sanctuary Just For the Ferret Mailing
List because this is something MANY of you rescues and rescuers "out
there" can use in the way of good volunteer help. The children shown
in this video were middle-school kids from a school in our town who
were accompanied by two teachers and a school counselor to make a
volunteering-and-learning project of our shelter (and, later the local
Wildlife Sanctuary at my suggestion) and meanwhile helped a good deal
with cleaning-up and care-giving for those ferrets whom i deemed safe
for them to handle at that time, and even helped pain one of the
ferrets' rooms, rolling the cages out (we had them ALL on wheels!) and
so this old video makes a great example of what an innovative teacher
or two can do to help the children get responsible hands-on learning.
Also, to have the shelters get good volunteer help, even if only for
a day or several. Plus being able to educate the public is almost its
own reward!

http://youtu.be/dVpGUGoWyK4

I am not in this video, but Wesley was in part of the background,
wearing an Oxford Ferret Rescue t-shirt :)