From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:12:17 -0500
I had a similar situation happen to me with regard to the Giving Tree.
I let this particular shelter know that I had sponsored some of their
ferrets, then again a few weeks later to let them know that the package
had been sent. I enclosed a note in the package asking them to please
let me know it got there, but never got response to any of my
communications. I love ferrets, and it is for the ferrets that I do
this, but I also am not of great financial means at the moment and it
was a big deal for me to have sent what I did. I was so excited when
I wrapped everything, envisioning them dooking around all of the fun
things like the box, packing materials and paper (of course the gifts
themselves wouldn't be nearly as fun!) It would have been so
heartwarming and rewarding to have gotten something like a photo of
them playing in the wrapping paper or some equally silly thing, as the

I realize that shelter parents are extremely busy, but not even hearing
a simple thank you makes me feel as though what I did was inadequate or
a disappointment in some way. It is understandable, as the other poster
stated, that their friends may not do this again when you are given no
sense that what you did made any difference.

Just my two cents on how it feels to go unacknowledged and not share in
the ferrets' Christmas fun.

[JC]