From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 15:27:15 -0400
Hi Everyone,
  Well, the Tuesday BFF demonstrations have been cancelled. I haven't been able
to get enough people on such short notice for strong demonstrations. But more
importantly, there has still been only one confirmed death from the June 5th
release. If we go out their now, we will look stupid. We don't have any
ammunition. I can't figure out how these old timers seem to be surviving so
much better than previously released younger healthier ferrets that were
trained to survive in the wild. I don't know if they have "fixed" the situation
to make the release abnormally successful or if this just happens to be an
exceptionally good release. Who knows, they could be straight out lying to us
so we don't do anything before the June 19th release. I think we should wait
until we have statistics they can't argue with. This thing is still terribly
rediculous - even if the ferrets survive 6 months, if they can't reproduce and
increase the BBF population, what's the point? Right now they are just coyote
snacks waiting to be eaten. Anyway.... the demonstrations for Tuesday have been
cancelled and things are presently on hold. I guess we'll have to wait and see
what happens with the June 19th release. I'll inform you if the demonstrations
are rescheduled. Sorry about the confusion.
                                                 Sincerely,
                                                 Katrina Ramsell