From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:02:13 -0600
Hi all, I live in NW MO and I have found two knowledgable ferret vets at
Twin Pines Animal Hospital.  Great doctors who really care.  I guess the
doctors there must feel a bit sorry for DH and I as they dont charge an
arm and a leg for visits--$15.  He gives me meds and doesnt charge.
And the two week supply of pred plus amoxil (makes it taste better) is
only $5 for my old lady-Sara Ferret.She is 7 and was abused terribly by
previous owner.  She was diagnosed two years ago with lymphosarcoma and
is still alive for which I am very grateful.  The vets are amazed at her
spunk.  She seems happy enough and manages to get around--her tail is
hairless but most of her hair is otherwise intact.  I have had 8 ferrets
but unfortunately three passed on.  All are happy little kids.  I am
really fortunate to have these vets around that are incredibly decent
to us.  There is always room for 1 or 2 more--in fact the vets have my
name and # in case an unwanted furry comes in

Take care all

Carolyn (ferretsey) and her wild band of renegades