From:
"Heather L. Hilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 21:43:42 -0500
Hello!
    Let me introduce myself: I am a suffering college student.  Now, when
most say that it is due to academics or finances, but not for me.  For me it
is very simple: I MISS MY FERRETS!  Like most colleges, ferrets are not
allowed here.  *Sigh* So my deepest sympathy goes out to all you fellow
college students who are suffering from these terrible circumstances!  Be
brave- winter break is upon us and we will be reunited once again!

    My situation works well, however.  I have "joint custody" of my ferrets
with a friend who is over seas over the summer.  He keeps them while I am at
school, and I have them over the summer.  During times when we are both home
we hope to split them two and two.

    My first baby: Niccodemus (Nicco for short), a 2yr old male, light
sable.  Two years ago Nicco was originally named Daisy, however, I soon
discovered she was not a she at all!  And suddenly my beautiful little girl
was suffering from an identity crisis- he is now my handsome boy.  Either
way I love him dearly.  The second addition to the family, about 6 months
after Nicco, was "Moxie", a beautiful petite 1 1/2 year old, female, light
sable.  Then just over Thanksgiving break my friend and I went to a shelter
*just to look*.  Yah right.  Needless to say we returned with 2 new boys:
Hobbes and Tigger.  Hobbes is a georgeous 2 yr old dark sable and Tigger is
a lovely 2 yr old silver-mitt.

    Things were going very well at first, however, Nicco has seemed to lose
a great amount of weight in the past week or so.  The vet said it may be
simply stress- hosting new family and all, to give him a bit to adjust.  If
he doesn't get better he'll be checked for parasites.  It is so hard to sit
here in my college dorm and wonder if he is okay or not...I think I am
beginning to lose weight due to stress too!

    So anyway, that is my family.  I keep saying four is DEFINATELY the most
I can have, but I remember saying that one was enough too!  I have a funny
feeling that there are going to be many, many ferrets in my future!

                 HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE COLD STATE OF MAINE!
                   Nicco, Moxie, Hobbes, Tigger and Heather
             (I promised them first billing in all publications!)