From:
Diane Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:42:20 -0500
With a very heavy heart I must tell you all that my Maximillion has gone
to the bridge this morning.  For anyone who knows me knows my Max, also
known as the Great White Panda Ferret Shark.  Max originally came from
Janis DeJesus' shelter over five years ago after the dog officer found
him wandering along route 6.  Some one had reported a "kitten" in the
road and when the dog officer called the "kitten" a very dirty friendly
white panda ferret hopped in his car.

Max immediately took over my little ferret group and established himself
as the Mega Alpha Male.  From the first day I joined Mass Ferret Friends
Max went with me everywhere.  He was a wonderful ferret ambassador
attending every ferret education day and even that I attended.  He went
to PetCo, PetSmart, two Tufts University Education Days, Ferret Picnics
and Ferret Beach Parties.

In the past two years he handled insulnoma fairly well even though he
lost the use of his left hind leg.  Lois Caselman was nice enough to send
me a set of Tazzie wheels, which we were working on him using up until
last week since he was losing the use of his right hind leg as well.
Over the last few days he was letting me know that his time was coming
near as he wasn't as interested in the special chicken gravy I made for
him and was having trouble getting to the litter area.

I cried and prayed over him and held him for hours and hours hoping that
he would slip peacefully away, but he held on and on.  I just hoped that
he knew that I was near by and wasn't alone.  I wish I could say that he
went without a struggle, but it isn't always that way, (and of course
it's always at night and on a Sunday).  Dave and I bundled him up in his
favorite bed this morning and brought him to Dr. Harrington as soon as
they opened this morning.  We were with him as he received a little gas
to ease him into sleep so he didn't even feel the little needle that
helped him to the rainbow bridge forever.  We brought him home and Dave
buried him in my special flower bed this morning not very far from the
place that we had the memorial service over the summer.  This way he will
always be close by as he will always be in my heart.

Sandee, SaraFerret, Muldoone and Nana: could you please help my Max find
his way to meet my other ferrets, Bandit, Fingers, Ferret Girl, Weezy
and his arch rival Smudgie.  I am hoping that he knew that I was there
holding him for all of those hours before we helped him to the bridge.

With great sadness

Diane W.