From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:21:16 -0000
For many years i have been trying to get peolpe with pet ferrets, rabbits
and larger rodents to get their pets micro-chiped, following is a letter
that our mebers have been sending out to any organisation that could
posable take in lost ferrets.

Dear sir,

Since the foundation of our organisation we have been advising the public
and our members both at our events and more recently on our web page on
the Internet to have their pets micro-chipped.  However, we have had
reports from various locations around the British Isles that, though both
vets, the R.S.P.C.A. and the majority of other charity organisations
,though generally thorough on checking for chips in both cats and dogs,
inevitably do not check ferrets or rabbits, even though they chipped over
40 of our animals, when one went walkabouts and found himself at the local
animal shelter he was not scanned for his chip and was only returned when
I travelled to the shelter and saw him there.

Please could we enlist your assistance in reminding your members/staff to
scan other species when they come across them.

Yours Faithfully Ant/ Tony O'Sullivan. SMWR inc NHFA e-mail
[log in to unmask] http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/houseferrets13uk

I would like to know if ferret owners in the US or other places have these
animals micro-chiped, if not why not.