Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:52:50 -0500
Hi All Ferret-lovers,

I am usually a lurker but I do try to read all FML's.

I have to agree not all Pet Stores are bad, but all the ones I see here
in southeastern NH are not good.  The Petco in Plaistow, NH has changed
the ferrets cage.  It used to be a huge glass container with a wire top.
They had litterboxes and hammocks and toys to play with and it was mostly
always clean.  They have now moved them into a much smaller glass bird
cage that is taller but much smaller in width.  They are very cramped with
no room to play.  The hammock is too high for most of the ferrets to reach
and it is not a clean as it used to be.  I have a friend that works there
that also has a ferret and she does know about how to care for them, and
has said something about it but they will not do anything about it.  I
have also taked to them down there with no results.  I used to have the
contact number for the company but with changing computers, I lost it.
Would anyone still have it?

Also for anyone in the Raymond, NH area.  If you visit the Little Critters
store here, could you please mention to the management there that the
condition the ferrets are in there, is unexceptable!  Dirty cage, no
hammock, (they now have one of those little tents that they just tear
apart) and the food dish is at the bottom of the cage where there is
always poop.  I was in there the other day to pick up my Totally Ferret
food, (only store that carries it close by that doesn't charge an arm and
a leg) and there was no water in the bottle.  Poor ferret was thirsty so
I told the girl at the counter.  She said they had been busy in there
that morning(a Saturday, so I am sure they were) and hadn't gotten that
far in feeding and watering and cleaning.  I told her that a ferret or
any animal, cannot be without water.  I also told her that I have seen
them without water many times and that the cage is filthy and that they
need a hammock and some toys.

They only time they get out to play is when they clean the cage and only
in a small penned in area out back.  They have no interaction with humans
unless someone wants to hold one.  Very sad.  Every girl that has worked
there, and voiced a concern for one of the ferrets or other animals, has
been fired.  This guy is only out for the money is not concerned for the
animals he sells.  I have spoken up many times and I am just ignored.  If
more of us could harrass him alittle, maybe it will help.  Be nice.

Thanks

Debbie aka Ferretlady

The Ferret Wrecking Crew
http://geocities.com/FerretWreckingCrew/index.html
Pardon our appearance. We are in the process of moving our site.