From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:30:30 -0800
I have had at least one person ask me exactly why she died but I have no
absolute answers......  I stepped on her, she went real shocky real fast,
the vet gave steroid shot at about 5:45 am and I had to leave her there.
He said to call at 9am but of course I had to call at 8am and they said she
ws resting comfortably!  I thought there was hope but I also thought she
could still be in shock and now I wonder if she may have evn slipped into a
coma at that point.  WHO KNOWS?????  The Doctor called me at 3 minutes till
9 just as I was getting ready to call back and told me her little heart
just stopped a few minutes before that.  He figured internal injuries.....
I comlpetely lost it and was crying and moaning from the depths of my soul
on the other end of the phone.  The vet said he was so sorry and choked on
his words and I knew he was crying to....  I thought about an autopsy but
my regular vet who was there when I went to get her said he didn't really
think it was necessary and in small animals like Racy you can pretty much
count on internal bleeding and injuries from being stepped on.....  I pray
she felt no pain since they gave her the shot and then at 8am said she was
resting comfortably........  Oh GOD gotta go.........

*          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House        *