From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:41:39 -0400
Hee hee, Lisette I can just imagine the chaos.  Before I got my ferrets my
Mom would complain that everything in my apartment had to be just in it's
place.  Of course now everything is still in it's place, it's just that
most of the things seem to belong in the middle of the floor!

Ferrets do have the ability to combine laughter with the tears!  I just
got my third ferret, a shelter sweetie, who is apparently suffering from
stress.  She is on her fourth day fouth day of duck soup and I've been very
worried.  But you know how ferrets like to lighten up the mood.  Early this
morning, after feeding Jill her duck soup, I had followed her into the
bathroom (one of her favorite spots, go figure) trying to get her to eat
her kaopectate.  In comes Mikette, my first ferret, who needs to be
involved in everything.  She wants to investigate what is going on, so what
the heck, I offer her some kaopectate.  Of course she doesn't want it, but
hey - she's in the bathroom - what does she do, she goes to the bathroom in
the corner.  No problem, I've been a ferret Mom for a year and a half, I
can certainly handle a little poop (well, with three ferrets now, I can
certainly handle a lot of poop.  Sidenote to David: don't worry you're not
the only nutter examining poop!)

Anyways, in comes Baby, clueless as usual, just checking things out.  I
know Baby and I know that she is about to go smell and step in the poop.
So, with one hand still feeding Jill the medicine, I stretch until I can
reach the toilet paper with the other hand.  Of course the whole roll comes
down.  Baby, quick to take advantage of the situation, grabs the roll and
runs out of the bathroom with the extra paper trailing behind her!  It is
quite a sight - if only you knew the size of her bum and how funny it is
to see her move so fast, let alone with a roll of toilet paper.  Ah, such
ferret treasures!!

Love those fuzzies!!

[RI]